In addition to my research in theoretical/mathematical Statistics, I have a number of collaborations with researchers in other Sciences.
- Application of Machine Learning Techniques to medical datasets: This is a collaboration we have started with a number of people in the Systems Immunity Research Institute in Cardiff. With Prof. Matthias Eberl (and a number of other people in his research team) we are currently co-supervising a Ph.D. student (Mr. Ross Burton). We are working on a number of different applications and we have published a number of papers including Ponsford et al (2021) and Burton et al (2021)). Recently, I was in contact with other research groups in the medical field to extend this collaboration.
- Statistics in text data analytics: We are working with Prof Irena Spasic (School of Computer Science, Cardiff University) on a number of different topics of text data analytics. We have two papers published and currently we are exploring a couple of different ideas.
Other projects that I have been involved in the past:
- Machine Learning techniques in identifying interactions in schizophrenic patients: I was co-advising with Prof. Valentina Escott-Price, Dr. Timothy Vivian-Griffiths during his Ph.D. studies. We have published a paper on this work.
- Statistical analysis in sports data: With Dr. Dimitris Challoumas we have analyzed data on the effect of anatomical features on the performance of volleyball players. We have published two papers on this topic.
- Statistical analysis in dielectrophoresis: In my time at Michigan Technological University, the only collaboration that resulted in a successful publication was with Dr.Adrienne Minerick (Chemical Engineering) where we use some statistical techniques to analyze human blood typing.